It seems so long ago that Tony and I had a routine of coffee in the morning while we were planning out our respective days.
With the various funerals and aftermath we have experienced of late, our mornings have been anything but routine. We kept Tyson for 3 weeks and watched he and Dixie fight, adjust, befriend and finally miss each other after Tony, Marie, the kids and Tyson left yesterday. Dixie went room to room today looking for Tyson and for Coleton and Anthony. She did a lot of face licking (poor Anthony was on the floor doing tummy time and couldn't get away) and chasing Coleton yesterday. She looked quite disappointed to find that they were all gone.
It was nice having Tony, Marie and the kids here for Mother's Day. They gave me a beautiful green Infinity scarf and I have tons of things I can wear it with. David and Bernie sent me an Amazon gift card so I can download more books and Jenna sent me messages from the kids and a tote bag with art that Sam did in school on it. The artwork looked so professional!! Tony (Sr) fixed us ribs on the grill....yum!!!! All in all, it was a very nice Mother's Day.
On Ben's card, he wrote a note and a PS, that said, "I grew." I love that!! It's our own little memory that I am so happy he recalled it.
We did get rainy parts of Tropical Storm Ana yesterday and today. Yesterday, it was pretty constant coming down in sweeping waves for hours at a time. Today, it's been off and on. The plants look good after the big shower, but our roses did take a bit of a beating.
Tomorrow, we leave for a mini-vacation to New Bern. We are going to celebrate our 26th anniversary there. It will be a quiet time--just walking around, seeing the sites and having a nice anniversary dinner. Dixie is coming with us so that should be fun.
As always, it's quiet in the house since everyone went home...but, it's a nice quiet. I can smell Tony's cigar as he walks around the yard and Dixie's new plastic toys make a short, high pitched cry when she bites them--all stretched out on the office floor behind me. The TV is on, showing a far-fetched lifetime movie and the rain has stopped for now. I have pictures to remind me of the activity of the past two days and they make me smile.
We call him Mr. Smiley!
The kids and Tony are laughing at Marie doing "Jump Arounds!"
My turn--I got a haircut when I saw this picture!
The Swegle Family
We love Anthony's "chipmunk" cheeks~
Daddy and his boys
I played some soccer with Coleton and Tony Jr. Sad to say that a three year old plays better than I do
Tony (Sr) was reluctant to do another neighborhood search, so he kept Dixie on her leash--she sill managed to chase Tyson.
Look out Pele....he's got the focus, his eye on the ball and the drive
Here's Coleton explaining his airplanes to Dixie
Um....this was supposed to be "tummy time" for Anthony....as you can see, it was also tummy time for Tyson, who took up more and more of the blanket....not sure Anthony is amused!
Here's Dixie not being amused...we put her bed on the patio floor and let Tyson up on the patio couch....she was not happy
No comments:
Post a Comment