Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Fibber McGees


There is nothing I enjoy more than getting in the car on a beautiful day and going out to lunch at a favorite restaurant.  We did that on Thursday and had a great time.
 
This is the time of the year when it is cool in the morning and early evening and the temperature gets up into the low 80's during the day.  There is a warm breeze during the day that is comfortable and constant. 
 
When I go into the employee entrance at the hospital, I see small birds chasing large black birds and nipping their tails.  It's like they are saying, "maybe you are bigger and can bully one of us, but there is power in numbers--go away."   They fly up into a beautiful Carolina blue sky with fat, puffy clouds that reflect off of the windows of the building.  I wish I didn't have to go into the building and could enjoy the day on the outside.
 
We went to Fibber McGee's, a restaurant in Sunset Beach that Donna and I found when she and Bob were staying down here.  It's a trendy place with a dark brown wood interior and a diverse menu and a bartender named, JT.
 
After lunch, we went to a dive bar by a small airport.  Tony has airplanes in his blood and on a different trip, he saw an airfield right by the side of the road with twin engine planes parked near a runway.   Right next door was this broken down, honkey tonk, bar--the kind of place where women should be wearing stitched boots, an off the shoulder top and yelling, "yee-ha," as they dance to the country music coming out of the speakers.  Needless to say, I wasn't and I didn't.   We sat outside near a short runway and saw a plane land.  It was fun watching the "good ole boys" sit and drink and talk trash. 
 
It was a fun day.
 
 
A beautiful driving day....

A glass at Fibbers

A toast to Donna...photo compliments of JT
 
At the airport

Tattoos and alcohol right next door...yep, we're in the south!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment