The day of Katie's wedding finally arrived. September 2, in Bristol, Rhode Island. What a pretty day it was. Katie is all vintage, which could translate into old and funky, but she does it well. Her dress was lace and long and she and Rob designed their own wedding rings. They have been together for almost 10 years, so it was a wonderful day to join families.
The festivities started on Friday evening with the rehearsal dinner. Tony gave a beautiful speech and presented Kate with a bracelet from him and her late father, Dennis. He did the same thing for Jenna on her wedding day and, hopefully, made a sweet memory for both of them.
Bristol is a quiet, sea side town...small enough to walk around and big enough to have several good restaurants. We stayed at the Harbor Inn with other wedding guests, among them, Donna/Bob, Rose/Joe. We managed to find time to do some shopping, sample at a new winery and take tons of pictures. The weather was good...it only rained on Sunday, after all of the wedding stuff was over. The day of the wedding was cool and just right for an outdoor event.
Tony, Marie, Coleton and Anthony were able to come up and we had a great time with the kids. Marie was a trooper, even though she is pregnant again, she managed the trip well.
As Tony and I were walking around Bristol, I saw a lady crossing the street near us. She was wearing a sweatshirt with "Browns" on the front. Guessing she was from Cleveland, I said to her, "Go Browns!" She looked a little confused so I pointed to her sweatshirt and said, ".....you know, Cleveland Browns? The football team?" She kind of smirked at me and I looked at her shirt again...um, it wasn't "Browns," it was "Brown" as in Brown University. Guess they don't have a football team!
And so, we are back...just in time for Irma to gift us with bad weather. The hospital has already issued a lock down alert, but I don't go back until Sunday, September 10.
Enjoy the wedding photos, so long in the making, and such a happy event.
On the way to Bristol
A Veterans Park in Bristol
All of the branches of the Military
A memorial wall
Our favorite bar in Bristol, complete with a stone frontage
"The Crew"
Kate listens to Tony's speech
Rob built the wedding arch
The Groom and Guests
Rob and his brothers seeing Kate for the first time
Joyce and her daughter, Katie, the Bride
Happiness
Finishing the vows
Tony and the Size Zero!! I mean, the Bride
A Tribute to Dennis, with us in spirit
Jennifer, the maid of honor and Tony
Katie spent most of the day being this excited!
The Charlotte Swegle's...all 5 of them!
Papa and his boys
Tony Jr being mobbed by his boys!
Marie takes to the dance floor with Anthony...
...while Coleton and I dance the night away!
Aunt Rose and two of her favorite Anthony's!
All of the Swegle's.....Joyce, mother of the bride, me, Tony and
Jennifer, sister and maid of honor

No comments:
Post a Comment