Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy Birthday

Oh Lord, another birthday. We've been so busy with work, the bathroom re-modeling, having the kids for the weekend, tracking Tony Jr's travels and catching up with David and his health that I haven't even thought about being another year older.....not that I want to...but, you know what I mean.

We started the month of August in a whirl of activity and it's been non-stop ever since. Even at work...I sign off on things and date them and in my mind, I say..."it's August 15th already..where is the time going?"

And so, tomorrow, I will be 58. A good thing in some ways since I thought I was going to be 59. Go figure...I added a year somewhere and am glad to have it back. I'm having lunch with the Purdums tomorrow and will have a nice dinner at Crocker Park with Tony. And the heart walk from downtown on Saturday....Next week we will celebrate with cupcakes and dinner because as Ben has told us all several times...he will be 4 on August 29. I can't wait.

Tony and Marie are coming in for a wedding that Tony is in and we are attending on August 28, so it will be good to see them.

Tony Sr and I are planning our vacation and looking forward to getting away for two weeks. But tomorrow...tomorrow, my children, I will be one year older. Notice I didn't say wiser...but one year older. Like you probably have, I could never imagine myself being this old...but here I am. So for all of you...happy birthday...whether your birthday has passed or is in the future....happy birthday to all of us...and love too.

No comments:

Post a Comment