Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Friday, August 13, 2010

Well, I think I know now how Jenna lost all of the weight she was carrying......I give her a lot of credit for being able to keep up with Ben and Sam. We continue to have lots of fun. I'd like to go on record here for bathroom bragging....no, not the re-modeling....Ben says that we have more bathrooms here than at his house or Gram's. I'm not sure where he was going with that, but he sounded impressed.

There's more verbiage below, but enjoy the pictures of our day so far. Only 30 minutes of TV during breakfast, Mommy. Even for me!



How I managed to attach these two pictures is a mystery to me.




So big


Practicing their "form"


Sammy being a doll.



Ben said he was tired!


Ben was "fishing" in the fountain with the streamer pole Tony and I got at a wedding reception



Reading the corn hole instructions after they played the game!


Talking to Mommy

Ben, Sam and I are having adventures today. We took a walk, played corn hole at 9:00 a.m., (Ben said Papa told him to work on his "form!!") played in the fountain, watered Papa's flowers and all of the plants on the rock garden and each other. We've had the kids for less than 24 hours and they've already had two baths.
While the kids were playing in the fountain and watering themselves, I was watering the plants. It was so hot, I raised the hose up into the tree I was standing under and let the cool water fall on me. Just at that moment, Ben came up to talk to me and got wet. "It's raining," he said. "No," I told him, "I made it rain." And then I did it again. Ben loved that. By this time, Sam was soaking wet because he kept putting the water from the fountain down the front of his shirt and pants and then saying, "ta da." So, it didn't seem like a bad idea just to hose us all down in the heat of the afternoon. The kids squealed and ran around and neighbors walking by laughed at us, but we had fun.
After about an hour, we were dripping and muddy, so I said it was time for a bath. More fun. They flew airplanes and watered each other with bath water and the little orange sprinkling can. After that, it was a quick lunch and a nap. Even Ben said he was tired.
Ben has been explaining more things to me. He looked up in the sky and said, "Look, Moe Moe, clouds." He continued by saying, "Do you know what happens to clouds?" I had to admit I didn't, so he said, "the sun pushes them away and rain comes. When it gets dark, the moon and stars push the rain away. When it gets light, the sun pushes the stars away." Hmmm, seemed logical to me.
He's also being the Sam Police. When I carried Sam downstairs this morning after he woke up, I didn't realize he had his binky in his hand. Ben saw it right away and pointed and yelled, "no binky, no binky. Binky is only for sleeping." As if on cue, Sam dropped the binky. Ben is interested in Sam's eating habits. He has told Sam at least 4 times that if he doesn't finish his food he will not be getting a snack. Being the good, big brother that he is, Ben told Sam that he wasn't a good boy Papa and I could put him in time out. And then he added, "me too." I wasn't sure if he was telling Sam he also had that authority (over Sam,) or he was also subject to time outs. Sam seemed to get it either way.
Sam is the sweetest little boy. He watches Ben so closely and tries to do everything he does. Ben wanted some water this morning, so I gave him a (water) bottle that was half full. Sam went to the refrigerator and knocked on it. When I opened it up, he picked up a water bottle and tried to open it. I opened it for him, but instead of putting it to his mouth, he put it up to his nose. Needless to say, he got a little wet and coughed, but he had fun. We all had fun.




























No comments:

Post a Comment