Tony and Marie told us at Christmas that they were pregnant, but asked us to keep it quiet. Oh Lord, was that hard to do. I figured that it was OK to tell people who Tony and Marie don't know, so everyone at NYL knows, all of the wait staff at local restaurants, the Pharmacists at CVS, check out people at the grocery store, our realtor, my dry cleaning lady, my hair stylist, sales people at the mall, every pregnant woman I saw, people in elevators and random strangers who looked interested (and they all did!!)
So, you can imagine how glad I am to be able to tell everyone else I know that we are going to have our 5th grandchild!!!
Marie looks wonderful. She has that look of anticipation and happiness that is associated with first babies. Tony looks tired, but he too, has that quick smile that new father's have when talking about their first baby. "Peanut" is going to have two great parents.
We went to dinner at a very nice place and then to a cozy wine bar. The next day we met them for lunch and had a really nice time.
With Tony travelling so much, the plan is that if he is away for several days as the due date approaches, Marie and Tyson will stay with us until he gets back. After the baby is born, I told Marie that she could drop the baby here on Sunday nights and then pick him/her up the following Friday....but, I don't think that's going to happen!
We had a great time visiting and I can't wait until July!!!
Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to shop, I go!!
The new "Rents!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment