Tony and I always have fun on our "road trips." We tune the radio to the music of the '60's and '70's and sing to our favorite old songs. At some point, we always sing the first line of Willie Nelson's hit, "On the Road Again...." and off we go, looking at the landscape, making fun of the GPS (his is Wilma, mine is Wanda--Wilma for Wilmington, Wanda because without it or Tony, I would spend a great deal of time wanda-ring around.)
No matter where we go, or what we do, we have fun being together. We zing each other with bad jokes, hold hands, point out fun things we see (this trip was Buffalo's and cows) and make fun of the names of small cities that we sail by (Bug Hole, anyone?)
This is the time that Tony and I have been waiting for, for 23 years of marriage. Our children are grown and on their own and this is our time. Time for each other, time to do things we have always wanted to do and time to enjoy time. Our children will get there one day, as we all do. Time to exhale and unwind.
This trip was special in another way....Tony turned 65 on Friday. My "Daddy Bear" is 65. Now is the time for our children to say, "eewwuuu" because I hope Tony's sons are as "healthy" and "active" when they turn 65 as he is today. OK, one giant chorus....."EEWWUUUU." Get over it, you're adults!!!
On Friday, I had another interview. This time with OMNI Financial Services. It was interesting to say the least. Not sure I want it....not sure I'll be offered...but good experience at any rate. I interviewed for an Office Manager job, but at the end of the interview, the Operations Manager said that she wanted to go back into sales and thought I would be a great replacement for her. We shall see. The CEO, to whom she reports, doesn't know her plan to go back into sales....so it may work out, it may not. I will keep plugging away at the job boards and see what happens.
Friday evening, we went to Macgrooder's for Tony's birthday dinner. He got lots of great cards and gifts and a video from the grandchildren. I think he enjoyed his birthday.
Happy Birthday, Daddy Bear!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment