Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Living By The Calendar



For a good part of my career, I called the shots on my comings and goings.  I typically arrived at work an hour before everyone else and stayed an hour after because I wanted to. 
 
I wanted to prepare for the day and at the end of the day, I wanted to evaluate successes and challenges so we could do better the next day.

It was my own special shift--one that no one else had.  And then, I started to work at the hospital.  My "shifts" can be anywhere from 5:30 in the morning to after midnight.  And, I can work a midnight shift only to be scheduled for a 6:30 a.m. shift the next day--what Tony calls a "quick turn" because there is very little time to sleep before I go back and start all over again. 

Tony did shift work for years and I don't know how he did it.  Very often, I don't know what day it is as they all run together.  The calendar on the fridge is crowded with work shifts, doctor's appointments,  Dixie's hair appointment and upcoming events.   But, I shouldn't complain--I spent a year and a half looking for work, now that I have it, I should be thankful.
 
One of the events coming up is 4th of July....and I am working. Tony, Marie, Coleton and David will be here and I'm going to miss a big part of their visit, but I will spend as much time with all of them as I can--especially Coleton...Mr. Almost 2.  I can't wait to see  him.        
 
David will be taking Bernie back to Florida with him and I'm really curious to see how Dixie is going to adjust to not having him around.  They have become friends in an odd way and I think Bernie will be a bit lonely without her around too.  He is a sweet dog and I wish my allergic reaction to him  wasn't as strong as it is.  With Tyson being here for the 4th, there should be a lot of canine interaction and I'm sure Dixie will prevail as always.  I guess working the 4th isn't a bad thing, as with all three of them here, I will probably positively impact the stock prices for Allerest!!!  But watching the three of them play is always fun.   
 
So, bye bye, Bernie, it's been fun--let us know when you'll be back...we'll leave the light on in  your room!
 
Check out their expressions!!  Bernie says, "Look, Mo Mo, I want to sleep here tonight!!"  Dixie screams, "Oh no you don't...this is my room!!" 
                


No comments:

Post a Comment